Parents who read childrens stories aloud to their kids provide a strong, positive influence and build a foundation for a lifetime of significant benefits. But what really are these reading aloud benefits? What kind of difference are we talking about?Below is a summary of the significant ways in which reading stories aloud to kids will change their lives . . . and yours. It won't happen overnight, as change is gradual, but continued and dedicated reading will most definitely bring noticeable, long-term changes.
- In this day and age of hectic lives and busy schedules, reading together is a simple and enjoyable way for parents to take time out and focus on the family. Young children need lots of special, dedicated time with their loved ones.
- Reading childrens stories aloud to our kids is just plainFUN!!
- Reading childrens stories is a wonderful bonding experience that fosters meaninful one-on-one communication with our kids.
- It shows our children in no uncertain terms that they are important to us.
- It molds our kids into becoming readers, and raising a reader significantly increases our child's potential for academic success as well as lifelong success in general.
- It is a vital and integral part of teaching our kids how to read as children learn how to read by being read to.
- It helps our children master language development.
- It builds listening skills, increases a child's attention span, and develops the ability to concentrate at length of which all are learned skills.
- It develops children's ability to express themselves more confidently, easily, and clearly in spoken AND written terms.
- It develops and fosters a child's natural curiosity.
- It develops creativity and a child's ability to use their own imagination!
- It expands our children's horizons, quells fears, exposes them to new situations, and teaches them appropriate behavior.
- Reading childrens stories to our children provides the best opportunities for true " teaching moments ."
- Reading picture books develops a young child's appreciation for the arts through exposure to many different styles of art and illustrations.
There is so much that reading childrens stories aloud to our kids can do for them. Let's start reading together today!